info@elitiscameroun.com | Tel: 661 510 000

What causes fires

Problems related to poorly maintained electrical installation (loose plugs, brittle wires ...) or used improperly.

For example, using a plug to connect multiple devices can cause overheating.

Replace old or damaged power outlets or switches with shocks. This precaution prevents sparks that trigger fires. Do not overload the power strips. The use of these materials should be limited to low power devices. Prefer quality material with a switch button. Unplug electrical appliances before cleaning their ventilation system. 

 Install a circuit breaker. It interrupts the electric current in the event of an incident on the electric circuit. 

Perform an electrical diagnosis of your installations. It assesses risks that may affect the safety of people and property. 

An occupant of a room where a fire is born has only three minutes after the start of the fire to extinguish it or to flee without bodily injury. To be notified when smoke appears, install one or more Autonomous Smoke Alarms.  

In the event of a fire, use a fire blanket or mop for an oil or grease fire. Be careful, never throw water on boiling oil. Throwing water on a fryer causes an explosion and results in a splash of inflamed oil drops. 

Whatever the room, install the candles on a stable candle holder, away from wind drafts and flammable objects. Keep them, matches and lighters out of reach of children. 

Do not store aerosol cans, cleaning products, and combustible materials - cardboard, paper, cloth - near sources of heat.Remove dead plants, tall grass around your house.

  • Get a fire extinguisher and try to extinguish the fire by targeting the bottom of the flames. 
  • Close the fire door and the entrance door properly so that the fire does not spread to adjacent dwellings;
  • Leave the accommodation. You will call the firefighters once in safety.

ELITIS CAMEROUN

Our Service, Our Promise

.

.

OUR ROLE

To advise and assist you